There's nothing that completes your neighborhood quite like a delicious donut shop. Although Mojo Monkey is 2 miles from our apartment so it's not exactly our neighborhood, I would still walk, drive, run, skip or even swim to get their donuts. Because they are GOOD.
Mojo Monkey prides themselves on using quality ingredients and making their donuts on a daily basis to ensure that customers get the freshest treats possible. And it shows.
Here's a little rundown of what we chose for our half dozen:
- Tres Leches: this was my favorite "breakfast" donut - sweet (but not too sweet, in my opinion), light and moist with a delectable, fluffy frosting
- Cookie Dough: rich and delicious, I loved the gooey cookie dough in the center - this is definitely a dessert donut rather than a breakfast donut (i.e. I ate the other half after dinner tonight with a glass of wine)
- French Toast: tasty, more of a "classic" donut with a crispy top and moist cake on the inside
- Mexican Coco Bismark: this wins the award for most messy - definitely a nice pairing of chocolate, almond flavoring in the frosting and cinnamon in the filing
- Classic: a yummy, yet unique, version of a classic raised donut
- Chocolate Ganache: richer chocolate frosting than your average chocolate frosted raised donut
All of these were paired with Mojo Monkey's light roast, which was pretty damn good, too (except for that half donut I ate with my wine - more on that later).
Needless to say, I think we've found a gem. Any donut places you think I should try next?