Snack time. One of my favorite meals of the day (yes, I do consider snack a meal). Snack rarely occurs at home, so when I find something that is portable, it gets bonus points. Combine that with something that is healthy and actually tastes good... we have a winner.
Exhibit A: protein balls. These little guys are so easy to make for meal prep, or just to make in the morning if you have an extra 20 minutes or so and access to a refrigerator to let them set.
The awesome thing is how much you can customize them with different mix-ins: protein powder flavors, chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, butters, seeds... the list goes on and on. All you need to do is focus on the consistency when you mix. You want to be sure the dough is sticky enough to be able to stay in the shape you form it into.
Today I'm sharing my favorite recipe I've made yet. If you know anything about me, you probably know about my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. These protein balls curb that craving in a healthier way, and I love that.
What type of mix-ins would you use for this recipe?
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Protein Balls
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Consistency Check: if it's too dry, add more peanut butter and/or almond milk; if it's too wet, add more oats.
- Once the dough is the right consistency, form into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Let protein balls set for at least 1 hour.