In these dog days of summer, there's nothing better than cooling off with something bubbly and refreshing.
For me, it's been a fantastic summer full of happy hours, time with friends and family, weekend getaways, and lots of A+ snacks and beverages. Oh, and did I mention I got engaged?! Hands down the highlight of these summer months, and also, 2018 in general.
Enjoying the last moments of sweet summertime was my inspiration for this latest recipe: a raspberry lime red wine spritzer.
Saint Croix Vineyards Summer Red is always a favorite of mine this time of year. A medium bodied, semi-sweet red wine that is served chilled with notes of raspberry and cherry. This wine is truly multi-purpose. Use it in sangria, use it in mulled wine, use it in a spritzer.
This recipe uses semi-sweet red, fresh fruit and carbonated water to make the ideal summer beverage.
Here's what you'll need for 6 servings of this refreshing drink:
- 1 bottle semi-sweet red wine, chilled
- 1 bottle flavored sparkling water, I used raspberry blackberry
- 3 limes
- 1 container fresh raspberries
- Add raspberries to the bottom of a glass.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the raspberries.
- Pour wine over the raspberries to fill halfway.
- Fill to the top with sparkling water.
What's your favorite beverage to enjoy during the hot summer months?