This may be my most favorite creation yet. My take on a Mayan Hot Chocolate. It. Was. Bomb.
This recipe uses a combination of almond milk, vanilla, semi-sweet chocolate chips, cocoa powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and cayan pepper, it was the perfect blend of sweet, spice and richness.
The ultimate warm and cozy drink for a chilly evening.
Check out the recipe at home so you can try it on your own! Modifications can be made by using your milk of choice, melting chocolate of choice, or amount of cayan. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- 20 ounces Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 heaping tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Cayan Pepper
2. Cook on medium low heat and whisk continuously until chocolate is melted.
3. Add cocoa powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and cayan pepper. Whisk on medium heat until all the powders have dissolved.
4. Immediately pour into two mugs and enjoy!