It's April 14 and there's a blizzard in Minnesota.
As I sit here writing this, I'm surrounded by cozy blankets, candles lit and the view of snowing falling outside. If this was 3 months ago, I would've thought the snowfall was beautiful. Today, not so much. I'm antsy for warmer weather, green grass, sunshine and flowers in bloom.
All this to say, I'm still thinking of ways to stay warm around here, so a new hot chocolate recipe seemed to be the perfect thing to soothe myself this weekend.
I give you: homemade, decadent salted hot chocolate.
With simple ingredients, this drink is rich and chocolaty with just the right amount of saltiness. Ideal for a cozy night in and a good book.
- 24 ounces Milk of Choice (I used almond)
- 1/2 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
2. Add chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar and sea salt to milk mixture.
3. Whisk ingredients until chocolate is melted and cocoa powder, sugar and sea salt have dissolved.
4. Pour into two mugs.
5. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt.